Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Road - Ethan


I chose The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. I chose it because it was recommended to me last year. I sort of blew it off until this year when I saw it on the list of suggested "road" books. It is exceeding my expectations by a lot; it's not at all what I expected. One passage that particularly struck me as significant (and there have been a lot of them) was on page 111, "They walked through the streets wrapped in the filthy blankets. He held the pistol at his waist and held the boy by the hand. At the farther edge of town they came upon a solitary house in a field and they crossed and entered and walked through the rooms. They came upon themselves in a mirror and he almost raised the pistol. "It's us, Papa", the boy whispered, "It's us."

No comments:

Post a Comment