Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Into the Wild


I am almost done reading the book Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer.
When I picked this book I knew I would enjoy it. I not only saw the incredible movie but have read the book once a few years ago. As I read this book for the second time I was amazed how ill prepared McCandless was in picking certain essentials to survive the Alaskan wilderness.
I enjoyed the characters that influenced him through his journey and how he returned the favor. McCandless changed the lives of the people he crossed before his unfortunate death and I believe that is something that should be recognized. In my opinion the first 2 to 3 pages seemed to be the most interesting to me. I can imagine how I would feel if a man with a gun, that I didn't know, was trying to get a ride from me. It seems that I personally wouldn't have stopped to pick him up. I would definitely suggest this book to anyone who enjoys reading travel books and the struggle for enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment