Friday, September 24, 2010

Dark Trail - Hiram King


The book I'm reading is called Dark Trail by Hiram King. I chose this book because after reading what it was about, it sparked my interest. It also won an award so I figured that it would be a good book. From what I have read so far, the book has passed my expectations. It has great dialogue and a pretty cool plot line to go along with it. One example of dialogue and the realistic characteristics of all the characters on page 25. The main character, Bodie, ventures into a town and buys some food for his horse. While there, the man in the general store shows great hospitality. He tells Bodie that "Corn's in the barrel there. Two bits' worth is one bucket. If you was to git more, I wouldn't notice it." Bodie declines his offer, but I believe that by adding such dialogue to the story, the imagery is much more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment